After upgrading from Joomla 3.5 to Joomla 3.6.0
I suddenly got a
error on the back end of the site.
- If started by clearing the site cache from System > Clear Cache but that didn't help
- I'm using a CDN so I cleared that cache but still no joy
- I double checked error logs but nothing there of any significance
- I confirmed that disk space wasn't an issue
- I also checked Extensions > Manage > Database to be sure everything was good there
The above checklist usually solves this error but not this time.
I'm using memcache on the site and first I checked it was running with
sudo service memcached status
which it was, though the final solution to the JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING was related to memcache.
Here's a screen-shot of my starting cache settings
I changed System > Global Configuration > System > Cache Handler from memcache to file, and kept the Conservative Caching ON, once I did this and cleared the site cache the JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING error immediately disappeared.
The solution to
JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING error when upgrading to Joomla 3.6.0
Set Cache Handler to File and Cache to Conservative Caching!